Dr James Stratford
Profile: I'm an author, educator, and a transformation and performance coach. My passion is to awaken the spirit of the hero that dwells within us all both directly by supporting this process in the people around me and by creating works that inspire others to embrace hero's journey for themselves, their families and communities. My work draws on my own experience as well as my training in Classical literature. For over fifteen years I've studied the great heroic epics, and in 2011 earned my PhD with a thesis on the heroic transformation of the hero Achilles in Homer's Iliad. I am also trained in strategic studies and have a deep interest in social and geopolitical change and creating the strategies needed to move us into a future we would want for all our children. I a keen cyclist, skier and traveller, and I love the arts generally, including architecture, painting, drawing & photography and film. I live in Melbourne with my wife and child.
Posts by Dr James Stratford:
- Changes and Challenges and more, on and off the bike.
- Reconnecting with Passion and Preparing the Mind for the Road Ahead.
- A New Approach
- Climbing to Self-Belief
- Climbing through Self-Doubt.
- Reflecting on 2012 and Thinking about Core Goals for 2013 and Beyond
- the rights of the child
- Dreaming of Great Journeys
- Starting the Writing Journey: First Steps
- Feeding the mind